Information for GPs and other health professionals
Information for health professionals wishing to make a referral
If you wish to discuss a referral please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 228 2194.
GPs, practice nurses and others working in primary care should have a referral form on EMIS which will populate with the patient’s details.
However, you can refer using our online Health Professionals Referral form by clicking here
Age: 16 years upwards (no upper age limit).
Residence: registered with a Southwark GP. People who live or work in Southwark but are not registered with a Southwark GP should be advised to refer themselves to their local IAPT service.
Nature of problem:
- common mental health problems, including but not restricted to, depression & anxiety
- long-term physical health conditions or medically unexplained symptoms (to help people to manage their symptoms and / or to address stress, anxiety or depression).
Generally, we do not see people whose needs will be better met elsewhere by a specialist service and/or their other difficulties would be an obstacle to effective treatment in our service. For example:
- level of risk that is not manageable within this service
- addiction problem that is the presenting problem or would be an obstacle to effective treatment in our service
- eating disorder (unless relatively mild binge eating)
- people with a history or diagnosis of psychosis, bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder
Patients should not be receiving psychological therapy from another service or therapist at the same time as being seen in our service, although exceptions may be made occasionally, e.g. family therapy.